Well my girl, you are now 8 months and a week old. The last 8 months have flown by in the blink of an eye. You are already getting so big, I just want to keep you small just a little longer you are so precious. You have been sick with a fever the last few days so I've been a little exhausted, but I wanted to take a moment and tell you about a few special things about you as a baby before more time zips by and I forget or miss the opportunity.
When you were smaller and you were upset when you were going to sleep all I needed to do was stand beside your crib and hold your hand. It was so special that you just needed me close to comfort you. When you were a little older and I was trying to get you to sleep I'd lay you in your crib and tidy your room, or sit on the laptop and putter. It seemed that as long as you could see me close you were ok. I remember rocking your brother until he fell asleep then setting him down so gently so he wouldn't wake up. It makes me smile to think about how different you two are - so special each in your own ways.
Currently during the day you just happily play with whatever catches your eye, or follow your brother around and try to play with him. When you start to get fussy I place you in your crib and if you are actually tired you generally just go to sleep. If you're hungry or need a bum change you'll fuss, if you just don't want to sleep you'll stand up and bounce and babble "da da da da" it is very cute!
Love you
~ Momma
No comments:
Post a Comment